GOSH Forever Eye Shadow Review





This product line recently made its way onto the shelves at my local Superdrug store and I was really eager to try it out. It comes in 8 different colours and the casing on each one is the same colour as the eye shadow itself, as well as being a metallic/reflective plastic. Even though the casing is just plastic, I think the metallic look it has really makes it look nice and expensive, it really does catch your eye. Also, I haven’t actually seen any eye shadow sticks with this type of casing because usually brands design them to look like normal pencils so I think the casing was definitely one of the reasons to why I got attracted to it.

This eye shadow stick is designed a bit like an eyeliner which I previously owned by Collection where you twist the body of the eyeliner in order to push the kohl up instead of having to sharpen it. I really liked this feature on this eye shadow stick because all the previous eye shadow pencils I owned required to be sharpened, the fact that I can just twist and use makes everything really quick and easy. In addition, by having this feature, I won’t have to worry if I wanted to use it but didn’t have a sharpener with me…which is most of the time since I’m a really lazy person.

Range Of Colours

Rating: 4/5

When I went to buy it, there was actually only 8 choices of colours ranging from natural colours such a nude beige, brown to more vibrant colours like green and purple. So personally, this was a nice range of choices for me because I tend to stick with nude brown coloured eye shadows.  But I know that there are many people who prefer other colours, for example, pinks and blues, so therefore I think that the range could expand a bit more. But since this product only recently got introduced, I think that if it becomes popular, GOSH will probably expand their range of colours.

Texture

Rating: 5/5

The texture of the eye shadow itself is actually really soft..a bit mousse like. Unlike other pencils which pull on your skin a little when you pull it along, this pencil literally glides. I’m really not over exaggerating when I say that, I really didn’t expect it to be this soft especially compared to all the other ones I’ve had experience with.

Pigmentation/ Application

Rating: 4/5

Leading on from what I said about the texture since the pencil glides, it’s actually quite easy to make it look quite thick because it layers on rather quickly. I also used this under my lower lash line to create a subtle sparkly look. However, this product looked too rich so I ended up having to wipe some of it off, to create a subtle look. So if you want to use it for a light look, don’t be too heavy handed, in my opinion.

Long-lasting

Rating: 5/5

Very. And it really doesn’t rub off either. When I went to the shop and used the tasters on my hand, they actually stayed on right until I had a shower which was about 5 hours later. During those 5 hours, my sleeve and blanket rubbed against the eye shadow on my hand so much but it really did stay put. In addition, when I put it on my face and make a mistake, I have to use a cotton bud which is really wet to be able to actually remove it even though I literally just put it on. Also, at the end of the day (after 8 hours) when I looked in the mirror, I saw that only a minority of it has come off while the rest is still intact. It also doesn’t smudge, so glitter doesn’t end up going all over your face.


Packaging 

Rating: 5/5

I talked about the casing earlier so I won’t talk much about it here other than the fact that I absolutely love it and it’s my favourite design for an eye shadow pencil. Along with the design, I found the twisting feature really useful and immediately made it so much easier to use.


Overall Recommendation 
This is best for everyday use, especially when you are in a rush, because of the easy application. 

This product is not available for online purchase.

Writer: Suyani
Editor: Ling

Disclaimer: This is not a paid advertisement. 

Similar Products:
Here are some products similar to this...
© Copyright OneBeautyy

Comments

Popular Posts